Thursday, June 17, 2010

Original Inspiration




I thought now would be a good time to bring myself back to the original inspiration for my living room. One of the reasons I hired Nick , besides the fact that he is immensely talented in his own right, is that he was an assistant to one of my all time favorite decorators, Miles Redd. While at my house, Nick mentioned one of Miles's rooms as inspiration for the palette he gave me. He saw that I was into the feminine backdrop with the more masculine furniture layered on top. It helps me stay within those parameters by looking at this picture (courtesy of milesredd.com)


Perhaps this room is the reason I should resist the incredible urge I have to purchase this console from Reeves Design I found at abc Carpet today while buying a living room rug. It was a floor model and on sale for $800. Not exactly masculine, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment